- The Bluestone Description
- Bluestone Specs
- Labor Data
- Fiber Backbone
- Phasing Plan
- Regional Lifestyle
- Business Assistance
The Bluestone is a 680 acre mixed-used development, situated at the gateway of Virginia’s e-Region. This development is immersed in an environment full of natural and recreational resources and amenities, where one can work, live, learn and play. It is the perfect setting for high quality research, technology and advanced manufacturing businesses. It is the perfect setting for training your employees. It is the perfect setting for building a dream home and the perfect setting for outdoor recreation such as golfing, hiking and biking.
The geographic location of The Bluestone, the stable business environment, the infrastructure, aggressive business assistance, along with the added bonus of a safe, family-focused community are just a few of the reasons companies are checking out The Bluestone.
We invite you to consider the strength of Virginia’s economy, the excellent geographic location and the premium quality of life and make The Bluestone your new home.
|Site Name||The Bluestone Regional Business and Technology Center|
|Site Address||Governor G.C. Peery Highway (US 460), North Tazewell, VA 24630|
|Owner||Industrial Development Authority of Tazewell County, Virginia|
|Address||197 Main Street, Tazewell, VA 24651|
|Site Area||680 acres, Greenfield site|
|Topography||Combination topography; business lots are gently rolling; residential lots are hilly.|
|Soil type (s)||Clay/Limestone|
|Lot size (in acres)||Varies; ranging from 3 to 100|
|All permissible uses||Business, technology, advanced manufacturing, logistics, medical, IT, education, research, others|
|Flood zone||Outside a 500 year flood plane|
|Earthquake||Based on USGS map, above, this property has no history of earthquake activity nor has it sustained any earthquake damage|
|Hurricane||Based on information obtained from NOAA, this site is not subject to hurricane activity or related flooding|
|Tornado||Based on NOAA information from 1991 through 2010, Virginia and this site have one of the lowest averages of tornado activity. Virginia is lowest in southeastern United States|
|Fiber||On-site - Dark fiber|
|Power provider||Appalachian Power|
|Power rate for heavy industrial user||7.0 cents.kwh|
|Power capacity||2-3 Mw now, within 12-18 months, 20 Mw|
|Water provider||Tazewell County Public Service Authority|
|Water||8 inches, 1000 GPM|
|Sewer provider||Tazewell County Public Service Authority|
|Sewer||Onsite gravity feed sewer line has 0.3 MGD capacity; wastewater treatment plant reserve capacity is approximately 2.0 MGD|
|Real estate tax||$0.55/$100|
|Personal property tax||$2.00/$100|
|BPOL tax||None (in county jurisdiction)|
|Other taxes||Federal income tax, federal payroll tax, sales and use tax, corporate income tax (for corporations registered with SCC). If employers are required to withhold under federal law, Virginia withholding tax is also required. Local taxes include BPOL in towns but not in county. Real estate, machinery and tools, and personal property taxes.|
|Nearest interstate||I-77, 12 miles|
|Nearest Airport (commercial and general aviation)||Raleigh County Memorial, Beckley, WV; Roanoke Regional Airport; Tri-Cities International Airport; Tazewell County Airport (general aviation only)|
|Nearest railroad||Norfolk Southern, 3 miles|
|Colleges, universities, and trade schools within fifty (50) miles of the site||Bluefield College, Southwest Virginia Community College, Bluefield State College, Concord University, Wytheville Community College, National College|
|Potential state statutory and discretionary incentives
||Governor’s Opportunity Fund
Tobacco Regional Opportunity Fund
Coalfield Region Opportunity Fund
Virginia Enterprise Zone
Virginia Small Business Financing Authority (low interest loan/loan guarantee)
Virginia Coalfield Economic Development Authority Low Interest Loan
Virginia Jobs Investment Program
Procurement Technical Assistance Center (selling to the government)
USDA Rural Development Loan Guarantee
|Potential local statutory and discretionary incentives||Virginia Enterprise Zone # 44 –Tazewell County, Virginia|
|Is this site in the Enterprise Zone||Yes|
|Is this site in a Hub Zone||Yes|
|Is this site in a Technology Zone||No|
|Identify and define distress factor||High Unemployment Area (HUA)|
e-Region Civilian Labor Force (2016)
Unemployment Rate (August, 2017)
Underemployment (2nd Qtr, 2017)
Surrounding labor area….....…..….....383,696
Surrounding labor area…………..……..…...5.0%
Surrounding labor area…..…………...…44,217
- Verizon, voice and internet: (T-1; 1.5 Mbps – DS3; 45 Mbps - OS3; 155 Mbps) - Provides basic connectivity between business locations.
- CPC/Optinet, Lumos: Ethernet (1 Gbps; capable of 10 Gpbs) - Ideal for WAN connectivity, VoIP, and internet service. Ethernet can be delivered as switched (many sites) or point to point (two sites). Service options include quality of service, site management, performance reporting, equipment and maintenance.
- CPC/Optinet, Lumos: Optical (1 Gbps; capable of 10 Gpbs) - Designed for businesses needing reliability and high bandwidth. Optical services are typically designed as a ring to prevent a single point of failure and are guaranteed by service level agreements.
- Lumos Only: MPLS (1 Gbps) - Provides geographically dispersed companies with one network that connects to multiple carriers with a variety of transport options (T1, T3, OS3 Ethernet, Optical, DSL, Wireless and Satellite).
The Bluestone plan is an urban development in a rural setting. Today, the Bluestone plan envisions a high quality technology, research and advance manufacturing center immersed in an environment full of natural and recreational resources. The Bluestone is a lifestyle work environment suited to the natural and heritage resources of the center. One can live, work, play and learn at the multi-use park. Surrounding the business and technology center which will house a village cluster of restaurants, daycare, and support business services, residential sites are being planned for development. Meandering throughout the 680 acre park will be recreational trails for hiking and biking.
- Cost of Living Index—82.2.
- Subdivisions and acreage available.
- Beautiful location.
- All public schools are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Boating, fishing, camping, hiking, birding and hunting available throughout the region.
- Weather—Moderate—Four distinct seasons.
- Medical Services—State of the art hospitals.
- Shopping—Numerous shopping centers, antique markets and shopping malls within region.
- Virginia Enterprise Zone Real Property and Job Creation Grants.
- Virginia Coalfield Economic Development Authority (VCEDA) - Low interest loan and grant programs.
- Virginia Tobacco Commission Economic Development Program and Tobacco Regional Opportunity Fund(TROF).
- Data Center sales tax exemption.
- Governor's Opportunity Fund grant program.
- Virginia Jobs Investment Program.
- Virginia Small Business Financing Authority loan and loan guaranty programs.
- USDA Rural Development Loan Guarantee.
- Low overall tax structure.